Thursday, May 10, 2007

look what I found

Remember when I said, I could feel what others feel and it sometimes give me headaches when I feel too many emotions from different people at the same time?

Well, I accidentally found what its called.

Feeling what others feel

Empathy is the ability to not only detect what others feel but also to experience that emotion yourself.

This can be both a bane and a boon. If you can read another person's emotions then you can both avoid making a faux pas and also utilize their state to move them in another direction. When people are in emotional states their ability to decide is often significantly impaired. Thus you cannot expect aroused people to make rational choices at this time.

Empathy is a bane if you end up experiencing all the bad feelings of everyone around you. This is one of the problems that therapists and other carers have to handle.

http://changingminds.org/explanations/emotions/empathy.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

_

Related Posts with Thumbnails